Quick Reference - Purchase to Payment
Quick Reference to common tasks in MYOB Advanced - Purchase to Bill Invoice to Payment and Credit for Goods Returned for completed and raw stock items
1. Go to the Purchasing module and select Suppliers.
2. Click on the New button to create a new supplier.
3. Fill in the required information such as supplier name, address, contact details, and payment terms.
4. Save the supplier information by clicking on the Save button.
5. You can now use this supplier for purchasing transactions in MYOB Advanced.
Create a Purchase Order for Stock Items
1. Go to the Purchasing module and select Purchase Orders.
2. Click on the New button to create a new purchase order.
3. Select the supplier you want to order from and enter the required details such as the delivery address and expected delivery date.
4. Add the stock items you want to order and specify the quantity and price.
5. Review the purchase order and click on the Save button to finalize it.
Receipt Stock on a Purchase Order
1. Go to the Purchase Orders module and select the purchase order you want to receipt.
2. Click on the Receipt button and enter the quantity received for each item.
3. If necessary, you can also update the cost and location information for the received items.
4. Once you have entered all the necessary information, click Save to complete the receipt process.
Creating a Bill for Payment from a PO
1. Go the Purchasing module and Purchase Orders.
2. Find the purchase order you want to create a bill for and open it.
3. Click on the Create Bill button.
4. Review the details of the bill and make any necessary changes.
5. Save the bill and post it to the General Ledger.
Return Stock Received
1. Go to the Purchase Order module and select the purchase order that contains the returned stock items.
2. Click on the "Receive Stock" button and enter the details of the returned items.
3. Once the items are received, go to the "Debit Adjustment" screen and create a new adjustment.
4. Select the purchase order and the returned items, and enter the reason for the adjustment.
5. Save the adjustment and it will be processed as a debit to the supplier's account.
Paying an Individual Bill
To make a payment of a single bill in MYOB Advanced, follow these steps:
1. Go the Purchasing module and select Bills.
2. Find the bill you want to pay and open it.
3. Click on the Actions button and select Pay Bill.
4. Enter the payment details, such as the payment date and amount.
5. Click Save to complete the payment.
Paying Multiple Bills
1. Go to the Accounts Payable module and select the Bills to Pay screen. 2. Select the bills you want to pay by ticking the checkboxes next to them. 3. Click on the Pay Bills button and select the payment method you want to use. 4. Enter the payment details and click on the Pay button to complete the payment process.
1. Go to the Sales module and select the Receive Payments option.
2. Choose the customer and invoice you want to receive payment for.
3. Enter the payment amount and select the payment method.
4. Click Save to complete the transaction.
Receipting Multiple Purchase Orders
1. Go to the Purchasing module and select Receipts.
2. Click on the New button to create a new receipt.
3. Select the supplier and enter the receipt details.
4. In the Items tab, click on the Add button to add items to the receipt.
5. Select the purchase orders you want to receipt and enter the quantities received.
6. Save the receipt and post it to update your inventory and accounts payable records.
Prepare for Supplier Pricing
To prepare for supplier pricing in MYOB Advanced, follow these steps:
1. up your supplier records with the correct pricing information.
2. Create price lists for your suppliers and assign them to the relevant supplier records.
3. Set up any discounts or promotions that you want to offer to your suppliers.
4. Test your pricing setup to ensure that it is working correctly.
Prepare Supplier Price Worksheets
To prepare supplier price worksheets in MYOB Advanced, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Purchasing module and select the Supplier Price Worksheet option.
2. Choose the supplier you want to create a worksheet for and select the items you want to include.
3. Enter the prices and any other relevant information, such as lead times or minimum order quantities.
4. Save the worksheet and send it to the supplier for approval.
5. Once approved, update the prices in your system and create purchase orders as needed.